So it’s about time for a more positive post.
I have been so busy, trying to muster through grad classes, working, applying to new grad programs and trying to study for the GRE in order to get a higher score. And attempting to maintain some sort of social life.
My roommate and I have decided to host a little day-time fall fest thing. Scary movies, yummy food and friends. This is exciting because it means I have an excuse to bake fall-themed desserts. I love excuses to bake.
And thank God for freaking Pinterest. I organize my life on that website, haha. Mostly recipes for me to try.
Some baked goods possibly worth trying:
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge (with Nutella and marshmallow swirl)
- Cinnamon Roll Cookie Bars
- I’m not a huge fan of using boxed cake mix (or anything already pre-made) as a base but these do sound pretty good
- Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Butter cream
- Pumpkin Spice and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Brown Sugar Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Woodchuck Cider Pumpkin Cupcakes
So these are some recipe highlights. There are also a few other cookies and bar recipes I was considering. But seriously- the cheesecakes I listed here look AMAZING, especially that white chocolate one. Needless to say, our gathering will probably be a fatty fest that happens to include a scary movie marathon.